Another great recipe for asparagus. It’s super easy and can be served as a first course, a side dish or a meal.
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 2 pounds asparagus, ends snapped off and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a small saucepan, bring broth to a simmer.
- Heat oil in a large pot. Add onions and rice and cook, stirring, until rice is translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in broth, ½ cup at a time, and cook, stirring constantly until almost all the broth is absorbed before adding more, until rice is al dente, about 20 minutes; add hot water if you need more liquid. About 5 minutes before rice is done, add asparagus, butter, and parmesan and cook until asparagus is tender-crisp.