There is no more refreshing salad than the Caprese in the summer.
Baby San Marzano Caprese Salad
Recipe type: Salad
- 4 - 5 cups baby San Marzano (or grape or cherry) tomatoes, sliced in halves
- 1 pound fresh imported Italian small mozzarella balls
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 10 - 15 large fresh basil leaves (to taste)
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Toss together the tomatoes, mozzarella, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar.
- Tear the basil into large pieces and toss into the salad.
- Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve immediately.