Crème au Beurre au Chocolat/Chocolate Butter Cream
Recipe type: Cream
Butter cream can be flavored with vanilla, praline, lemon, orange, Kirsch or other liqueurs.
- ⅔ cup (150 gr.) sugar
- ⅓ cup (75 gr.) water
- 4 egg yolks
- ½ lb. (225 gr.) butter
- 4 oz. (115 gr.)semi-sweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- In a saucepan combine the sugar and water, boil until the soft ball stage (230 degrees on a candy thermometer) or until a bit dropped in a bowl of cold water forms a soft ball.
- While the sugar is cooking, beat the egg yolks with an electric mixer.
- Gradually pour the syrup into the yolks, beating constantly the cream until completely cool.
- Cream the butter and stir it into the mixture.
- Add melted, cooled chocolate and mix well.