My kids ask for this quick and easy dish once a week. I think they just like saying the name.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 28-ounce can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons capers
- ¾ cup pitted black/Kalamata olives
- 12 ounces or 2 jars of tuna filets in olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pound farfalle or fusilli pasta
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large, deep saute pan.
- When the oil is hot, sauté the garlic, and cook for a minute.
- Lower heat and carefully (it will splatter if too hot) pour in the chopped tomatoes and cook it for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the olives and capers.
- Turn the heat down to a gentle simmer.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- When you add the pasta to the boiling water to cook, add the tuna to the sauce and continue to simmer it gently.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions, to al dente.
- Drain the pasta and return it to pot.
- Stir the parsley into the pasta sauce.
- Combine the sauce and the pasta.
- Serve in pasta bowls and sprinkle with parmesan, black pepper, and crushed red pepper to taste.