Les Fond de poisson (Fumet de Poisson)
Recipe type: Stock
Serves: 1 quart
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, coarsely copped
- 4 branches of parsley, chopped
- 1½ lb. (750 gr.) fish bones
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 quart water
- 6 peppercorns
- Use only non-oily fish bones: flounder, sole, whiting are best.
- Do not use fish skin.
- Sauté the onion and celery in the butter and oil until soft.
- Add the bones, peppercorns, parsley, water and wine and simmer for no more than 30 minutes, skimming occasionally.
- Can be frozen.