This is a lovely cole slaw recipe for those who like slaw without mayonnaise.
No Mayo Slaw
Recipe type: Side
- 1 medium head cabbage, cored and shredded
- 5 ounces shredded carrots
- 5 ounces shredded broccoli stalks
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, toss together the cabbage, broccoli, carrots, onion, and ½ cup sugar. In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar, salt, celery seed, 1 teaspoon white sugar, mustard and oil. Bring to a boil, and cook for 3 minutes. Cool completely, then pour over cabbage mixture, and toss to coat. Refrigerate overnight for best flavor.