Delicious Panang curry adapted from Hot Thai Kitchen.
Panang Curry with Chicken
Recipe type: Main
- 2-3 pounds of chicken, cut into cubes
- 1 13-ounce can coconut milk
- ¼ cup Panang curry
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (optional)
- 6-7 fresh kaffir lime leaves, julienned
- 1-2 Thai chilies, whole
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar (or brown sugar), chopped
- In a saucepan or wok over medium high heat, heat the coconut milk solids with curry paste, stirring constantly. When the mixture starts bubbling around the edges and the coconut cream starts to separate, stop stirring and let it boil gently.
- Increase heat and add chicken. Stir to coat chicken with curry sauce. Add the rest of the coconut milk and just enough water to cover the chicken.
- Add the fish sauce and palm sugar and bring to a boil. Turn heat down and simmer 45-60 minutes.
- Stir in peanut butter and half of kaffir lime leaves and chilies. Serve with jasmine rice and garnish with more kaffir lime leaves.