Pâte à Choux/Choux Pastry
Recipe type: Pastry
- 1 cup (2.5 dl.) water
- 6 tbsp. (90 gr.) butter
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup (115 gr.) flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. sugar (for sweet choux)
- Sift the flour.
- In a saucepan combine the water and the butter, cut in small pieces for faster melting.
- Bring to a boil.
- Take pan off the heat and at once, add the flour.
- Beat with a wooden spoon until the mixture is smooth, forms a ball and pulls away from the sides of the pan.
- Put back the pan over the heat and dry the mixture.
- Take off the heat and beat the eggs, 2 at a time, then one, then half of the last.
- Mix after each addition until the eggs are well incorporated.
- The mixture should be shiny and not too soft otherwise it will be too hard to shape on the baking sheet.
- If the mixture needs the last half of the egg, add it.