Pâte à Crêpes/Crêpe Batter
Recipe type: Batter
Serves: 30 Crepes
Makes about 30 crepes.
- 2¼ cups (250 gr.) flour
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 3 cups (7.5 dl.) milk
- 4 eggs
- 8 tbsp. (112 gr.) butter
- ¼ cup clarified butter or oil for frying
- Sift the flour in a bowl, add the salt, the oil and mix with part of the milk until very smooth.
- Add the eggs, beating all the time with a wire whisk.
- Add the melted butter and the rest of the milk.
- Keep at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours or up to 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- The crêpes are tastier if the butter is melted until it colors.
- Some sugar can be added to the batter, but too much sugar with make the crepes stick to the pan during the cooking.
- If the batter is lumpy, strain it.
- The more butter used, the longer the cooked crepe can be preserved.
- Oil the crêpe pan or use clarified butter.
- Cook about 2 tablespoons batter in high heat until brown.
- Flip the crêpe to the other side.
- Brown the other side.
- Pile the crêpes on a plate.
- Layer them with wax paper if they are to be kept a few days in the refrigerator or frozen.