This salsa is so good as a dip or accompaniment during peach season.
Recipe type: Side, Salsa
- 5 fresh peaches, peeled and chopped
- ½ large red onion medium, diced very fine
- 1 whole red or yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced very fine
- 1 whole jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder (more to taste)
- Dash of salt
- Juice of 2 limes
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and stir gently.
- Taste and add a little more salt and chili powder if you prefer.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips or as an accompaniment to fish, pork, or poultry dishes.