A quick and tasty weeknight meal using leftover grilled chicken breasts.
Pesto cavatappi with chicken, artichokes, and mushrooms
Recipe type: Entreé
- 1 pound cavatappi
- 4 broiled or roasted chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5-6 sundried tomatoes in oil, chopped, about ½ cup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 8-16 ounces of mushrooms scrubbed
- 1 can artichoke hearts
- Black pepper
- ¼ cup cream
- ¼ cup (or more) pesto
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the dried pasta and cook until al dente.
- Add the chopped sundried tomatoes to the pan and sauté 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the sundried tomatoes cook, cut the chicken into cubes.
- Add the broth and boil vigorously until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Add the mushrooms, artichokes, and chicken to the pan. Coat everything with the pan juices. Continue to cook for about 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add some black pepper, and the pesto. Stir to combine.
- Add the cream to the sauté pan and stir well to combine.
- Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Add the contents of the pan to the pot with the pasta and mix well.
- Serve immediately.