Sauce Allemande/Sauce Parisienne
Recipe type: Sauce
To serve with poached eggs, poultry, vegetables, sweetbread and brains.
- 2 cups (5 dl.) veal velouté made with veal stock
- ½ cup (60 gr.) mushroom stems, chopped
- 3 egg yolks
- salt, pepper
- grated nutmeg
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- Bring to a boil the velouté and the chopped mushrooms.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring constantly with a wire whisk.
- It should be reduced to the smooth consistency of cream.
- In a bowl mix the yolks with 1 tbsp. water.
- Add slowly the hot sauce.
- Put back in saucepan and bring it to a boil, stirring all the time.
- Just before serving add the cream, lemon juice and nutmeg.