Recipe type: Sauce
For boiled meat.
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. tarragon, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. black pepper, coarsely ground
- 3 large egg yolks
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup (225 gr.) butter, clarified.
- Combine in a saucepan the vinegar, shallots and pepper.
- Boil and reduce the liquid to 1 tsp.
- Let cool.
- Add the yolks one by one, beating with a wire whisk.
- Add the water and the salt.
- Set the pan on a very low fire or on top of a double boiler for more safety.
- Beat until the mixture is creamy and thick.
- Cool slightly or until the mixture is at the same temperature as the butter which has been warmed.
- Add the tepid butter, slowly, bit by bit, beating lightly.
- Strain through a chinois.
- Taste for seasonings.
- Add the chervil and tarragon.
- Keep warm in a bain-marie until ready to use.
- Serve always warm.
- Must be the consistency of mustard.