Recipe type: Sauce
For eggs, fish, poultry, white meat and vegetables.
- 2 cups thin béchamel sauce made with 2 tbsp. flour and 2 tbsp. butter, 2 cups milk
- 3-4 egg yolks
- 3 tbsp. heavy cream
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan or Gruyere cheese
- Bring the béchamel to a boil.
- In a separate bowl beat together the yolks, and the cream.
- Pour into it a little of the hot béchamel, then pour this mixture back in the saucepan and boil a few minutes.
- Sprinkle the cheese and stir until well absorbed.
- Like béchamel, if not used immediately, rub the surface of the sauce with butter to prevent the formation of a skin.