Recipe type: Sauce
For fish and fish quenelles.
- 1½ cup heavy cream
- 2 cups fish velouté
- ½ onion, ½ carrot
- 1 tbsp. cognac
- crayfish butter made with 1 lb. crayfish or lobster
- the crayfish tails
- Sauté the mirepoix of onion and carrot until soft.
- Add the crayfish or lobster pieces and continue to sauté.
- Flame with the cognac.
- Add half the cream and cook until done.
- Strain and reserve the liquid.
- Clean the crayfish removing the beard.
- Put aside the meat and with the shells make a crayfish or lobster butter (see section "Beurres composés").
- In a saucepan mix the velouté and the rest of the cream.
- Boil and reduce to a third.
- Taste for seasonings.
- Add the crayfish or lobster butter and the crayfish tails.