Elsie McAllister’s Mississippi pork chop dinner. One of my all time favorites!
Southern Style Pork Chops with Lima Beans and Rice
Cuisine: American Comfort
- 4-6 bone-in thin pork chops
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ½ medium onion chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1½ cup water
- 8 ounce package frozen lima beans
- 1 cup white or brown rice
- Brown the pork chops in the canola oil and remove from the pan.
- Brown the onion in the pan the pork chops were browned in and then remove the onions.
- Add the flour to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the salt and pepper and the water, and stir to remove lumps of flour.
- Return the pork chops to the pan.
- Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook for 1 hour.
- While the pork chops are cooking, prepare rice and lima beans according the package directions.
- Serve the pork chops, rice and lima beans with the gravy from the pan.