We always have leftover steak and we love arugula, so this is a great light weeknight meal –especially when heirloom tomatoes are in season. Serve with a baguette, French cheeses and a light fruity wine.
Steak, Beet and Arugula Salad
Recipe type: Main, Salad
- 1 pound leftover grilled tri-tip, flank, or skirt steak
- 1 bunch arugula
- 3 roasted beets, thinly sliced (see my recipe for roasted beets)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 heirloom tomato, sliced or diced
- ¼ cup vinaigrette (see my recipe for vinaigrette)
- Arrange arugula, beets, tomatoes and avocado on a platter.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette.
- Slice steak ½” thick and top vegetables.
- Toss and serve.