Quick and easy stuffed peppers.
Recipe type: Entree
Cuisine: American Comfort
- 1½ cups cooked wild rice
- 4 to 6 bell peppers
- 1½ pound of ground beef
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 large bottle V8 or spicy V8
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Make the rice according to package directions.
- Cut the tops off of the bell peppers. Remove and discard the stem and seeds. Place bell peppers cut side up in a large pot (to hold all peppers standing up but not falling over). Add a pinch of shredded cheese to the bottom of each pepper.
- In a skillet brown the ground beef and add the spices. When the meat is fully cooked, add the cooked rice.
- Gently stuff the peppers with the ground beef rice mixture. Add a pinch of cheese on top of the beef rice mixture and return the pepper tops.
- Fill the pan with the V8 to just below the cut portion of the pepper. Bring to a boil, lower heat to simmer, and cover. Cook for about 40 minutes.